I am in the process of streamlining my online presence and switching my blog over to a Facebook page. You can find me there, just search for Look Who Just Blouin Photography or click on the link over on the right side of this page.
If I haven’t emailed or called you in response to your participation last week, I will do so shortly. I am trying to catch up after a really crazy and fun week. Thanks to everyone who participated and I look forward to working with many of you this spring.
Here are a couple black and white photos from the past couple of months…
So today is when I get a little mushy. I can’t put into words the level of kindness that has been shown to me by my friends, colleagues, and clients over the last 8 months. I went through a major life altering event and it shook me to my core. It was a good thing, like that butterfly having to struggle to get out of the cocoon, but it was VERY difficult. Then on top of that, I had to deal w/a computer failure at the peak of my holiday season. To say that people have demonstrated love to me is an understatement because there really are no words to describe all the amazing things that been said to and done for me. I keep on asking myself how I can possibly repay all the goodness that has been shown to me and friends just look at me and tell me that you don’t keep track of good deeds, you just turn around and help others. I vow to continue to be the very best person, giving everything I can to my girls, friends, clients, and community. I will not rest until they lay me in the ground, I promise.
I did this promo last year and it was a HUGE success that was appreciated by many. It is my double dipper deal. So here is how it works. The first five people who contact me, I will give them a certificate for double what they pay me to use by the end of August 2010. So if you pay me $500, you get a certificate for $1000. Stipulations: this is only for clients booking new sessions, it can not be combined with any other specials, and this will only be offered today. I will take the first five people who contact me via phone or email (850-712-1513 and firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thanks for sharing ladies!
Quick Review… Look Who Just Blouin Photography is shifting its volunteer effort in 2010 to promote the local arts community. I’m looking for two Senior Spokesmodels for the 10-11 school year. I just started doing environmental business photo sessions. Now on to today…
Today’s announcement is more of a refresher in a few keys parts of my children and families division. There are many photographers out there who do portraits and I wanted to highlight a few things that make working with me unique because sometimes trying to figure it all out can be very daunting.
- It’s personal. That’s just not my tag-line, it does have meaning. Who else do you know has an initial consultation asking you about your child’s personality and what you like to do for fun as a family? I want to create a custom session that caters to your style and enables me to produce artful photographs that have meaning to you.
- I shoot on-location. Again, I go back to the custom element of working with me. Most of the time I’m photographing at your home incorporating elements from your home in the session. When you look at those photos I want you to feel a deep connection to them and not feel like your child was plopped in a foreign place and given a toy that had been played with by 100 kids prior to them.
- I do in-home ordering/design sessions. This has become the biggest part of the process that I get thanked for. Just last night my client was saying what a relief it was to have had my help in choosing the appropriate photos for various locations in their home. Because I project the photos on the wall, you get to see exactly what that photo will look like in various sizes hanging on YOUR wall. When you make a financial investment in photos, it is reassuring to know you choose the perfect items for you.
So for fun today, I would like to see photos of your children that show what makes THEM unique. Do they love brussel sprouts? Let’s see a photo of them chowing down. Do they have emerald green eyes? Let’s see ‘em close-up. Do they like to slide across the floor on their behind instead of crawl? Snap away! Send me the photo in .jpg, preferably in a smaller resolution. Send it to email@example.com. I will put up a gallery tomorrow of all the submissions.
Spring has sprung, so let’s take advantage of this gorgeous weather! The first five people today who book a weekday session in March or April will get the session and an 8×10 from the session for $100 (small additional charge for areas outside Pensacola). You must email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) your interest today and I will call you to get all the details and payment info.
Just a reminder to tell your high school juniors to apply for being my spokesmodels. This is a great chance for them to get some amazing photos for free and to develop a skill set that will help them in the business world.
So did you know that I just opened my adult photography division? Some of you may have been able to attend the unveiling of one facet of that at the Pensacola Museum of Art last month (boudoir/fine art). I am also doing business environmental photo shoots. What is that you may ask? Well, have you ever noticed that many career individuals’ headshots look like they were all produced at the same studio, on the same background, wearing the same business suit? I don’t know about you, but if I am going to succeed in business I need to STAND OUT as different than the flock. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. So why not use your business photos to convey what makes YOU unique in business (location, style, personality, etc.)? This trend will continue to grow and will replace the standard headshot on the gray background as the market grows tighter and tighter, I’m starting to see it more and more among business leaders.
To introduce this new venture, I am offering the first 15 people who book me an environmental business photo session, 5-10 retouched, digital proofs to choose from, and one digital photo file for business and digital use for $75. This must be booked and paid for today. This is less than 1/2 the normal price so I can’t offer it past today’s March Madness event. The session must take place by the end of April.
So what kind of game do I have in mind for today? Let’s go on a digital treasure hunt!! Go out on the internet and bring back a link to a really unique environmental business headshot. Share it in the comments section of this website. If you have any problems posting it, just email the link to me: email@example.com and I will post it for you. I’ll take entries until five today and then we will pick our favorite. The winner will get the session mentioned above for free!
Here are samples to show you what I mean:
I am now taking applications for the 2010-11 high school senior spokesmodels. I am looking for a girl and a boy from Pensacola or Gulf Breeze to be the faces of my high school senior art photography division.
You should apply if…
- You are outgoing, friendly and are active in the community and extracurricular activities.
- Will be a senior in 10-11 and attend either a Pensacola or the Gulf Breeze high school.
- Are photogenic (must submit photos w/application).
- Are willing to promote Look Who Just Blouin Photography through handing out your custom rep cards to your friends, sharing your slideshow on your FB and/or MySpace pages and by sharing your experience of working with me as my official HS Senior Spokesmodel.
What do you get?
- Spokesmodel Photo Shoot. This will be in April w/multiple outfit changes and locations.
- Custom rep cards with your photos on them.
- A digital slideshow of all of your photos.
- 25% of ANY of my senior prices on photos and products.
- Prizes for bringing in referrals who book with me. As you reach each level you’ll get these items: Two referrals: $50 ITunes gift card. Five referrals: an evening out package (Mellow Mushroom gift card and Rave Theater tickets). Ten referrals: Two floor tickets to a headliner concert at the Pensacola Civic Center (you get to choose which one).
How do you apply?
- Email me firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for the application.
- All applications must be filled out completely and emailed back to me by this Thursday at midnight. Friday afternoon I will announce the winners.